͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌     ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌      ͏ ‌     
About Us

View As Webpage  | View Archives | Email a Friend

@{mv_date_MMM d, yyyy}@

Ontario expanding efforts to attract students to trades

The Ontario government is investing over $62.9 million in two of the province’s foundational skilled trades programs to help more than 18,000 young people explore and prepare for life-long careers in a growing industry. The record increase in funding will help train the 100,000 skilled workers needed to build transit, hospitals and at least 1.5 million homes by 2031.

Maximum indoor temperature introduced in B.C. building code

The 2024 B.C. Building Code will include a requirement that residential dwellings provide at least one "living space" that does not exceed 26 degrees internal temperature. This marks the first time a provincial building code has mandated an upper limit on the temperature inside a residence and could have ramifications for the level of solar heat gain specified on home windows.

Small gains in residential building permits - StatCan

The total value of building permits in Canada increased 2.3 percent from September to $11.2 billion in October, led by gains in the non-residential sector. On a constant dollar basis, the total value of building permits was up 2.2 percent to $6.4 billion in October. The total monthly value of residential building permits edged up 0.6 percent to $7.1 billion in October, following a 2.8 percent gain in September.

FenCan encouraging response to Greener Homes Grant changes

Fenestration Canada is inviting window and door manufacturers and dealers to participate in a write-in campaign to Natural Resources Canada expressing industry concerns about changes to the Greener Homes Grant forecast by Jean-Clement Chenier, NRCan director general, in a recent townhall meeting. Chenier said the program intends to implement a deadline by which outstanding work must be completed in order for homeowners to receive the grant, even if they have already applied.


Fenestration Conversations Episode #53: Change and What to Do About It – Anton Van Dyk, Layton Consulting

Fenestration Review columnist Anton Van Dyk – The Window Geek – has recently left window manufacturer Centra to join Layton Consulting, a Surrey, B.C,-based building engineering firm. He joins the Conversation to give us the view on the consulting business and the issues he’ll be addressing from the perspective of a guy who has had to design and sell the products that architects, governments and project owners specify. The big topic: how fast things are changing and the challenges and opportunities that are popping up for us all. » Listen now

Industrial Mechanic / Millwright

Oxford Food Group, a member of the Bragg Group of Companies, is a family owned international business that has over 1,200 employees, eight manufacturing facilities and two large farming operations within Atlantic Canada and the United States. » Learn more

Service Desk Analyst

Infra Pipe Solutions has over 60 years of experience specializing in the design, manufacture, and custom fabrication of engineered polyethylene systems for water, wastewater, and storm water management applications. » Read More...

Customer Service Representative

As an Inside Sales Representative, you will play a key role in providing excellent customer service on a daily basis and the following tasks: Welcome and advise customers coming to the store and perform related tasks such as order preparation and follow-up. Provide administrative and technical support to internal clients. » Read More...