FenBC COVID update
May 29, 2020 By Patrick Flannery
The Fenestration Association of BC has sent out the following update on BC pandemic measures and programs.
WorkSafeBC has announced additional support for employers impacted by COVID-19
- WorkSafeBC is waiving premiums for employers who are approved to receive the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) for furloughed workers (employees on leave with full or partial pay).
- This change will be retroactive to the March 15, 2020 start date and continue for the duration of the CEWS program.
- Eligible employers will need to maintain documentation to identify workers that were furloughed as a result of this provincial health emergency.
- This is the second measure WorkSafeBC has implemented to provide support for B.C.’s employers.
- Approximately 27,000 employers in the province have already opted to take advantage of the premium deferral measure implemented on March 27, 2020. Employers will not be charged a penalty or interest on first quarter premiums, up to the deferral date of June 30, 2020.
- This announcement was made following recent news headlines that WorkSafe’s significant $2.9BN surplus had been depleted by the recent stock market downturn and the organization would not be able to provide funding to support PPE.
BCCSA has new and updated resources:
- A variation on the recently posted Office Reopening Guidance.
- A new resource Guidance for Workers who are reintegrating back to existing operations.
- A new version of the COVID-19 Health Screening Tool, which takes into account some new symptoms that have been listed by the BCCDC and WorkSafeBC.
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply