Ignite mornings at the IGMA Technical Conference
June 26, 2015 By Insulating Glass Manufacturers Alliance
IGMA (the Insulating Glass Manufacturer’s Alliance) has announced a new activity at its upcoming Fall Technical Conference in Denver, Colorado: Ignite Breakfasts. During the Ignite Breakfasts, speakers will have five minutes and 20 slides to convey their message to attendees.
Here are the rules for these presentations:
- Twenty Slides: No more, no less. You only get 20 slides to convey your “pitch.”
- Five minutes: Each slide displays for 15 seconds and automatically advances.
- No Videos/Animations: The point of an IGNITE is that you need to tell your story and do the selling, not the slides.
- Be Passionate: If you don’t believe in your message, no one will. IGNITE is about connecting with people on a human level, not a consumer one.
- Tell a Story: Engineers and technical minded people, like other humans, enjoy the human side of creation and construction. They like to build things, and want to know how you can help them build things better, or build new things to change the world.
Here are some helpful tips for the Ignite presentation:
- The pitch is about more than the product/service: it’s about connecting to people and giving them a reason to care about the product/service.
- A five-minute pitch should be designed to maximize the need to learn more, to support the product/service, to want to become involved.
- Pitching to the entire attendance covers the broad spectrum of attendees, from president to marketing to engineers, planting seeds across the industry for the present AND the future.
- The focus of the pitch is to highlight the product/service in a “real world” way that generates support and the desire to learn more.
If you are interested in giving an Ignite presentation or supporting the IGMA Fall Technical Conference as a supporter (there are many reasons to sponsor), check out our Sponsorship Brochure.
IGMA is a dynamic group of glass industry professionals who voluntarily come together to solve common industry problems, meet common needs and accomplish goals relative to Insulating Glass in the Global Fenestration Industry. Those that attend our events are literally the who’s who of our trade.
Whether you are a new to the industry or a veteran, we offer the opportunity to learn something new and be part of a group at the forefront of all things IG. Registration for this event is open now, so sign up on our website, mark your calendars and make travel arrangement for the IGMA conference in Denver!
Register now to receive our Early Bird discount, which is $100 off per person for IGMA Members, and $200 per person for non-Members.
For more information
Print this page